PRECISION FLIGHT CONTROLS / RYAN AEROSPACE (AUSTRALIA) ACHIEVE AATD (ADVANCED AVIATION TRAINING DEVICE) UNDER FAA FOR RECONFIGURABLE BELL 206 / BELL 407 HELICOPTER SIMULATOR
A joint venture between Precision Flight Controls (PFC) and Ryan Aerospace (Australia) has seen the development of a new, cost-effective helicopter simulator which has just received certification under Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) rules as an Advanced Aviation Training Device (AATD). The device is reconfigurable between the Bell 206 and Bell 407 but can also be used as any generic rotary wing training aircraft.
The new helicopter simulator was launched almost a year ago at I/ITSEC, the world’s largest military training and simulation event in Orlando, Florida USA and has now passed vigorous testing with the FAA to achieve this certification.
What this certification means for training schools is that they are now able to offer a more cost-effective and safe way to train helicopter pilots in a variety of key areas and to achieve credits in the simulator, rather than the real aircraft. With aircraft purchase and running costs forever being on the rise and simulators becoming more powerful and less expensive, there is a compelling business case to consider simulation as an effective training tool to supplement (and replace) some real helicopter flying.
To name just a few, these credits include:
- Instrument Proficiency Check, per FAA-S-8081 (latest version)
- Instrument Rating: Up to 20 Hours
- Private Pilot Certificate: Up to 2.5 Hours
- Commercial Certificate: Up to 50 Hours
- Airline Transport Pilot Certificate: Up to 25 Hours
- Approved for use under the Part 141 Appendices as follows:
- Up to 2.5 hours toward the total Private Pilot flight training time requirements
- Up to 40% towards the total Instrument Rating flight training time requirements
- Up to 20% towards the total Commercial Pilot flight training time requirements
- Up to 25% towards the total Airline Transport Pilot flight training time requirements
- Up to 5% towards the total Flight Instructor flight training time requirements
- Up to 5% towards the total Flight Instructor Instrument flight training time requirements
- Private Pilot Airplane Single Engine or Multi-Engine Class Rating Course - Up to 3 hours towards the flight training time requirements
- Commercial Pilot Airplane Single Engine or Multi-Engine Class Rating Course - Up to 11 hours towards the flight training time requirements
- Airline Transport Pilot Airplane Single Engine or Multi-Engine Class Rating Course - Up to 6.25 hours towards the flight training time
- Up to 25% towards the total Combined Private Pilot Certification and Instrument Rating
- flight training time requirements
The unit comes with a full PC rack system complete with licensed software, Instructor Operator Station (IOS) which allows users to create scenarios, set weather conditions, change time of day or night, select any airport (worldwide) and induce failures. The (included) Garmin 530 uses RealityXP software offering a GNS530W with virtually full functionality.
There are also many options to choose from such as visual system (projection dome system or LCD panel display), avionics and motion and vibration system to name just a few.
Customers can also enjoy fast delivery times due to a number of these units now being in stock and ready to go. Support staff are based around the world and customized service level agreements can be offered in addition to standard warranty conditions.
The new fully certified H-206 by Precision Flight Controls and Ryan Aerospace is available right now.
About Precision Flight Controls (PFC)
Established in 1990, Precision Flight Controls, Inc. is recognised as a global leader in providing flight training organisations with affordable, high-fidelity, flight simulation components and systems. PFC’s systems simulate dozens of general aviation and commercial aircraft as well as today’s most popular technically advanced aircraft.
About Ryan Aerospace (Australia)
Ryan Aerospace (established 2005) specializes in the design, manufacture and through-life support of high quality, cost-effective helicopter simulator training platforms for military, civil and emergency services applications.